I love Travel & Tourism because of the topics, the opportunities and the teachers. I want to work within the industry, in the airline or the airport sector. I am really excited to be going on the Paris residential and love all the other trips that we get to go on too.
I love Travel and Tourism because of the topics, the opportunities and the teachers. I want to work within the industry, in the airline or the airport sector, and this course is perfect to help me achieve my goals.
Travel and Tourism (Vocational)
- Year 1 & 2
External Assessment 2 Units – Including 1 Examination.
- Exam board
Edexcel (BTEC - Triple Diploma)
What Will You Learn?
Do you love Travel? Did you know that you could make a career out of it in the dynamic, diverse and expanding Travel and Tourism industry? Memories of travel can last a lifetime and all travellers need the help of those who work in the Travel and Tourism industry to ensure their trips run smoothly. If you enjoy learning through practical, work-related activities and completing assignments based on realistic workplace situations, then the BTEC Travel and Tourism course is for you. You will study Global Destinations, the Customer Experience, Marketing, Travel and Tourism Enterprises, Events and Current Issues, as well as Travel specific units like Working Overseas, Visitor Attractions, Accommodation Services and the UK Industry. You will be taught transferable skills, in a fun, enthusiastic and engaging style. With this course, a world of opportunities really does open up to you.
BTEC National Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism (Three A Levels)
- The World of Travel and Tourism
- Global Destinations
- Principles of Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Managing the Customer Experience in Travel and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Enterprises
- Researching Current Travel Trends and Key Issues in Travel and Tourism
- Managing Accommodation Services
- The UK as a Tourist Destination
- Visitor Attractions
- Events, Conferences and Exhibitions
- Working Overseas
- Work Experience in Travel and Tourism
- Recruitment and Selection in Travel and Tourism
- Residential trip to Paris/Barcelona.
- Trips and visits to Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Knowsley Safari Park and Manchester.
- Charity event fundraisers.
- Role plays for the customer service, working overseas and employment units.
- Work experience with a range of industry providers.
Where Will This Lead?
Our Level 3 subjects can lead to a wide range of Tourism, Hospitality, Events and Management-related HE courses and careers, or you can find employment in the industry, with a variety of UK and worldwide employers. Travel and Tourism also teaches you a range of transferable skills, including teamwork, research and organisation skills.